Trainers in the field of early care and education, school-age, and youth development can apply to validate trainings provided as part of the larger professional development system. There are two types of trainers approved through the Gateways Registry:
- Gateways Registry Trainers—Individuals who primarily train practitioners in the field of early care and education, school-age, and youth development and have at least 12 contact hours of documented experience providing instruction to adults within the last three years.
- Gateways Specialty Trainers—Individuals who provide training on special topics related to the field. Examples of these topics are CPR/First Aid, business practices, technology, etc.
Trainers interested in becoming Gateways Registry-Approved must apply. The process includes applying as a trainer as well as submitting one training for approval (see below). To apply, please complete the Gateways Trainer Application, Gateways Training Application, and Registry Membership Form. Resources and a Registry Trainer Process FAQ sheet are available to assist in completing the application process.
Before final approval, a trainer must complete the following online trainings:
An active Gateways Registry-Approved Trainer may submit additional trainings for approval after the initial approval. Approval is valid for three years. A reminder email is sent approximately two months before the renewal date and the renewal requirements must be met before renewal will be approved.
Registry-Approved Trainers will receive:
- Marketing for yourself and your trainings on the Gateways Training Calendar.
- A trainer support system including trainer development opportunities.
- Quarterly emails with updates, resources and/or announcements.
Training Approval is an important component of the Gateways to Opportunity Registry. The approval process ensures that trainings have been reviewed and meet quality criteria.
- Training approval is valid for three years.
- Upon approval, trainings may be scheduled repeatedly.
- Scheduling an approved training allows it to appear on the Gateways Training Calendar (if desired). Trainers submit appropriate paperwork so participants receive credit on the PDR.
- To request approval for distance learning training, please complete the Gateways Registry Distance Learning Training Approval and Gateways Registry Membership Form.